Sunday, January 1, 2012

Plans for 2012

This is not a post about my New Year’s resolutions. This is about my plans for 2012. I’m excited about what this year has to offer. And, like Angie Richmond, I don't like the idea of making resolutions that will be left in January. I am a planner, though, so this should work out just fine.

Plans for 2012:
1: I will buy my first Aston Martin.  

1: I would like to enter at least one writing contest. I’ve never done this, but it should be a great way to work on my short fiction. May even try to tackle a short story, my nemesis.
Here are links to some upcoming writing contests if you’re interested:
2: This was my first year participating in NaNoWriMo. I am so glad that I did. I won, and along the way met some amazing writers and writing buddies. In 2012, I plan to edit my Nano story, that I fell so much in love with.
Some amazing bloggers who motivate me to write on Twitter:
3: I have joined up with Cara Micheals for WIP500. Her idea is that we make a commitment to write at least 500 words a day on a writing project. I love this idea! For WIP500, I will be working on a brand new story.
4: Last year I didn’t read near the books I would’ve liked. For this year, I have a list of books I hope to read that I plan to continue to add to throughout the year. Twenty books is the plan.
5: When I jog regularly I feel amazing, my writing is better, and I’m all around happier. So, in 2012 I plan to jog more. The goal for 2012 is 1000 miles.



Here’s to a 2012 filled with writing, editing, jogging, and new adventures.
Five Sentence Fiction will start back up this week on Thursday. Join in the fun!
Happy New Year!






Lillie



7 comments:

  1. Those are great goals Lillie! I just know you will accomplish them all! Have a wonderful 2012 and any time you need some motivation, just call.

    P.S. If you do get an Aston Martin, I want to go for a ride!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great goals! And I'm always up for nagging....I mean motivating you to write/edit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree those are great goals. Happy New Year Lillie and thanks for posting all the links.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think if your 'plans' are centred on those things you enjoy the most, you have a much better chance of acheiving them. All the best for the new year Lillie, and congrats on your NaNoWriMo success!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent goals, and you've inspired me, too! Thanks so much for the links as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for the encouragement! I'm always around if anyone needs a push or a critique (honest even if it stings) partner :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lillie! Happy New Year!
    I like the idea too of not having resolutions. I never follow through mine. LOL. I think these are wonderful goals. Thanks for posting the links to the writing contests. I've been wanting to do this, but have had a lack in self confidence when it comes to putting my writing out there.
    Looking forward to a new batch of Five Sentence Fiction!

    ReplyDelete