Friday, January 6, 2012

Hunger

The foggy haze floating atop the water is thick tonight, a thin layer of cover, just the way I like it. Sun will be coming up any time now, so I have to finish hunting soon. That new albino gator who showed up last week has really been hogging my territory. Wait, there it is, what I’ve been looking for all night, just standing there waiting. Tourists always make for a fine feast when the hunger is strong.

Source
Link up your own HUNGER story here.
Check out past Five Sentence Fiction posts here.



Lillie

16 comments:

  1. LOL I LOVE this! Great imagery.Glad I'm not overly fond of wildlife tours :-/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gators creep me out like no other!

    Great post, can't wait to read more of your stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Angie Thank you :) Me either...not so much for the bugs or animals that could eat me.

    @Samantha Creepy for sure!! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the 'gator gets some grub...Mmm, I like tourists too...couldn't eat a whole one though...:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those eyes peaking just above the waterline - yikes. In your sentences you can feel the alligator moving steadily along looking for (human) food. Really liked this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! I love this!! Great twist on the word and beautiful details on setting the scene!

    ReplyDelete
  7. NEW FOLLOWER.

    If you need another book, try my giveaway. :)

    Book Giveaway on my blog….THE WICKED WIVES.

    Stop by and complete the entry form if you like.

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com/2012/01/give-away-of-wicked-wives.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! I always wondered what went through Gator's minds...Lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. evil, predatory, great sense of threat, but a quirky/ cheeky sense as well
    lovely as always Lillie
    Kate

    ReplyDelete