Writing a query letter, a great query letter, has been a trial and error experience for me. But, along the way I found some amazing blogs and websites filled with must have information.
My top five Do’s in a query letter:
1. Do sleep on it. Take a day and revisit a query letter before sending it out.
2. Do have someone read it. Always have a trusted friend give feedback on your query letter.
3. Do pay close attention. Never send out a query letter before giving it a thorough spelling and grammar check.
4. Do get to the heart. Queries are not a place to leave the agent asking questions. They want to know how you tie up the story at the end.
5. Do put your genre and word count in the letter.
My top five Blogs/Websites for researching how to write query letters: