Sunday, November 20, 2011

Lightning

He pulled the bill of his hat lower over his eyes, shook his head once, twice, then nodded. Rolling his shoulders slowly back, he adjusted his fingers. Two seam, it was his money ball. Sucking in a breath he stepped back, lifted his right leg, twisted at the waist, and let out a whoosh of air as he dropped his shoulder letting it fly. He grinned discretely when the bat swung catching nothing but air, can’t hit lighting.


Photobucket


Link up your own LIGHTNING story here.
Check out past Five Sentence Fiction posts here.


Lillie

4 comments:

  1. I can soooo see that in my mind's eye (and I don't even follow baseball!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great job Lillie! I could picture this baseball game in my head!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was great! I really liked the descriptions of pulling his hat down and rolling his shoulders. It was very vivid!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought he was a golfer at first, that's because we don't see much baseball here in Australia! You have painted a super-clear picture of his movements and his slightly sheepish emotions as he misses the ball
    Excellent!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete